What are Ceramic PCB Boards?
The ceramic PCB boards are made from ceramic material like Aluminum Nitride, Aluminum Oxide, Boron Nitride, Beryllium Oxide, and Silicon Carbide. The word ‘Ceramic’ refers to a class of materials having similar chemical structure and physical properties. Ceramic PCBs have been playing a vital role in the development of miniaturized electronic products.
Advantages of Ceramic Printed Circuit Boards:
- Ceramic PCBs offer higher thermal conductivity and a low expansion coefficient (CTE). Aluminum Oxide has 20 times higher conductivity than FR4, while Aluminum Nitride and Silicon Carbide are 100 times better in conductivity. Boron Nitride has the highest thermal conductivity so far.
- High temperature resistance and high electrical insulation performance
- Good mechanical strength and can withstand high load including shock and vibration
- Good chemical stability and Low Frequency loss
- High-impedance tracing can be implemented easily
- Useful in the production of multi-layer PCB boards
- Less expensive than metal (Cu/ Al) core PCBs
Ceramic PCBs are used for a wide range of high performance PCBs used for Aerospace, Automotive, Medical devices, Heavy machinery, Solar panel arrays, Power transmitter module, and solid state relays.
PCB Directory has listed Ceramic-based PCB manufacturers from all over the world. You can narrow down on the list of Ceramic PCB fabricators by their country and state. View each companies profile to see their capabilities and what certifications they have. PCB Directory is the largest database of PCB Companies on the internet.