What are Double-Sided Printed Circuit Boards?
Double-Sided PCB's are the ones which have two sided traces on both the sides of the board i.e they can have components placed on either side of the board with a conductive copper layer on both the sides of the circuit board. Double-Sided PCB's require point to point soldering and are generally used in high density designs. Double-sides PCB’s are the most extensively used and most popular types as they enable manufacturer to design complex PCB’s which can later be benefitted in high technology designs and applications.
Advantages of Double-Sided Printed Circuit Boards
- Since there is one extra layer for connecting components, therefore it is useful in increasing the density of the circuit.
- The availability of extra space provides room for connection of extra components and enhances the flexibility of the design.
- Since their circuitry is more complex, therefore they have a huge advantage in advanced application and technology.
- Since 2 sides are available for the component connection, it can be of great help for reducing cost as more components can be connected on the single board unlike in single sided PCB’s.
Applications of Double-Sided Printed Circuit Boards
- They are widely used in industrial control and power supply designs.
- They have a wide application in various electronic appliances such as converters, regulators, LED lighting, hard drives, printers etc.
- They are widely employed in instrumentation sector, power conversion devices and UPS systems.
- They are used in control relays, HVAC, phone system, power monitoring, automotive dashboards, line reactors etc.
- They are also employed in test equipment, amplifiers, traffic systems and vending machines.
PCB Directory has listed the leading Double sided PCB fabricators and manufacturers and made them searchable through their location and capabilities. You can select the country or state to narrow down on local Double sided PCB manufacturers or companies that can develop your printed circuit boards who are close to where you are located. In addition to this, you can also select the capabilities that you are looking for in a Double sided PCB supplier, like - Number of Layers, Type of Board, board thickness etc. - We narrow down the list to show you the companies who can cater to your requirement.